top of page


Image by Scott Graham

The Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) allows students to self-report courses and grades that have been attempted, or will be attempted, for high school credit. The SRAR replaces the high school transcript used by an office of undergraduate admissions during the initial review process. Since accuracy is critical, you are advised to have a copy of your high school transcript available to use as a reference when you complete your SRAR.

The Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) lists all classes and associated grades that have been taken or will be taken for high school and/or college credit. Accuracy is critical—we highly recommend having a copy of your high school transcript on hand when you create your SRAR. Please indicate any courses taken through an online school.



Certain colleges, such as Rutgers University, require the Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) for first-time in college students, and their application file will remain incomplete until it is completed.

In some instances, schools requiring the SRAR will waive the requirement for the following circumstances:

  • Applicants not completing high school in the U.S. must submit official or certified copies of all secondary school record and/or examination results. All academic records not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

  • GED graduates must submit their official GED transcript along with official partial high school transcript(s).

  • Applicants who have already graduated from high school must submit their official final high school transcript.

Looking for SRAR near you? You are in the right place. Wisdem USA has helped students navigate the SRAR, Common App, Coalition App, and UC applications, HBCU applications, and other college application platforms. Contact us today for expert advising. 

bottom of page